Assistive Technology Tutoring
We believe that learning how to use assistive technology is a skill for life. Our one:one AT tutoring and ongoing advice and support is designed to build the confidence of every client. NeuroKnowHow tutoring allows you to learn and work more efficiently and effectively because it’s designed with you for your needs.
Four reasons to choose NeuroKnowHow AT Trainers
1. Our Assistive Technology Tutoring helps individuals become independent and confident.
2. Sessions are tailored to specific needs, focusing on individual learning style, including ESOL.
3. Our tutors incorporate specialist support strategies into the training.
4. Our tutors understand how effective AT can be but also know its limitations.
Session content: What you can expect from your NeuroKnowHow sessions.
First Session: We establish your current level of computer skills with you in an open discussion where you tell us your learning and course/workplace needs and we offer our expertise to help clarify them. The tutor helps you to prioritise your requirements and to identify the learning methods that will make best use of your AT equipment.
- Introducing software
- Showing how software can be applied to studying and employment tasks
- Providing multi-sensory techniques to find the learning method that best suits the client
- Incorporating referencing and note-taking strategies, using open source referencing and bibliography software
- Revision strategies using AT and other software, websites and hardware
- Personalised “video-notes” are created for each session and stored on the clients machine to review when necessary
Our aim by the end of each session is that you will be able to show the trainer how specific equipment works . Feedback is always encouraged so that future sessions can be adapted to your learning needs.
What do others say about our AT tutoring?
Previous sessions delivered by our specialists ahve been described as stimulating and above all useful. Some have said how different they are from other help they have received because the tutors really know their subject from the inside as well as from their external learning. Testimonials from can be read here.
You want to know more about NeuroKnowHow?
If you are interested in Assistive Technology Tutoring, please contact us now.